Saturday, August 29, 2015

Rocket League: Easy to learn, hard to master


While I was browsing through one of my most favorite procrastnation centres which is 9gag I have found some gifs entertaining to rewatch (actually it's mp4 now, they changed it lately :/):

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

So basically you drive a car and try to push the ball to your opponents' goal with some aerial car acrobatics (?) and by boosting yourself up.
The game can be played various settings as shown here:


I personally like duel the most because it feels like tennis and pool mixed together which is perfectly presented in this very intense 1v1 match Kronovi vs Gambit shared on Youtube by stevebills:


I am still up for playing 2v2 or 3v3. When you finally learn to control your car and then the ball, you start to notice how positioning and cooperation matters in this game. Let me give you this video from the Rocket League Replays channel, 2015 ESL Finals:



So if you listen to what the players are talking about, you can discover how much team playing matters in competitive matches. It is strongly recommended that you use a gamepad to play this game so make sure you have one. John and I recently got it on steam (link to the store), so hit us up if you have it and want to play.

Jasium