Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Instructions to update BF2 (The following MUST BE INSTALLED IN ORDER):
1) Update your BF2 to version Full Version 1.41 (536 MB, 562,044,991 bytes) http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_2_v141_Patch;72510
2)download final release of Highway Tampa. http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_2_Highway_Tampa;80461
-Without this update, you will not be able to access many servers because they all have updated to this new version.
2.a) (Also Update Punkbuster to avoid being kicked: http://www.xfire.com/communities/intellectualproperty/forums/143951/topic/916379/?p=1/#post2538608 ) optional
3) FINALLY DOWNLOAD Version 1.5 patch. http://www.filefront.com/14444947/Battlefield-2-Patch-v1.5/
This new patch fixes several bugs in the game as well as includes one new map, and both Euro force and Armed Forces Booster Packs, a must have.
4)Battlefield 2 Mods:
A)Project Reality: Download and install from:
B)Forgotten Hope 2: Download here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php?
The BF2 1.5 UPDATE includes:
# Additional support for Windows Vista.
# Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
# Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
# Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players.
# Added Widescreen support
# Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
# Added support for the Novint Falcon controller (http://www.novint.com).
* Consensus to revert to 0.3 second delay between jump and prone - Fixed
* Mouse wheel acceleration on jeeps and APC’s - In Test
* Mouse wheel acceleration on parachutes - In Test
* Falcon controller prevents joystick controls being assigned to work especially on jets and helicopters. Falcon always acts as primary controller for pitch and roll. Resets to Falcon at the start of every round. - Fixed
* The jets on Highway Tampa were replaced with attack choppers in 1.50 - Fixed, Highway Tampa is now as it was in 1.41
* The graphics for Highway Tampa are the same as Mashtuur City on create a local match in the menu and load screen. - Fixed
* Picking up the kit of a player who disconnected causes crashes - In Test
* Audio settings do not always save after clicking APPLY - Fixed
* Registry Version remains at 1.4 after Update 1.5 is installed - Fixed
* BF2OpenAL.dll was version 220.127.116.11 - Fixed - Updated to version 18.104.22.168
* ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley was inconsistent with other gas station buildings - Fixed
* MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag - Fixed
* Challenger2 HUD icon was incorrect showing M1A2 HUD icon instead - Fixed
* Road to Jalalabad has PLA FAV spawn in place of a MEC FAV - Fixed
* Dragon Valley Chinese artillery used default respawn time instead of 360 seconds as other artillery uses - Fixed
* Bizon (PP-19) had no delay time after weapon switch - Fixed (this now has a delay of 0.666)
* F35B had a lock delay of 1.5 compared to 1 second lock delay of other aircraft - Fixed
* Incorrect camo Humvee was being spawned in Taraba Quarry - Fixed
* UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns had 0.25 splash damage setting, down from 3 making it difficult to hit infantry. - Fixed (this is now set to 1.5 to improve the UH-60's usefulness while not allowing it to dominate)
* It was impossible to pass a claymore unless an engineer disarmed it first. - Fixed (players can now go prone to pass the claymore)
* Allow BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM on machines that support it - Fixed
For more info and download sites: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_2142/archive/2009/09/01/battlefield-2-update-v1-50-available.aspx